Sunday, June 17, 2012

First Breakdown

I stopped in Amarillo Gander Mountain to buy a couple things. Extra fuel bottle and some fly fishing lures, after all I am going without purchasing any food so I thought it would be easy to catch some fish and eat them.  I came out of GM ready to leave when the bike wouldn't do anything, the lights came on but wouldn't crank, pushed it around the back of the store to begin working on it. I got all the tools out including a test light made it through a few checks then started thinking safety switches. I have the kickstand disabled but not the clutch, pulled the clutch and it busted off. The neutral safety switch was not made and I seldom pull the clutch to start it. Lesson learned. Threw everything back together and back on the road. Taos NM here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment